BALTIMORE SUMMER FUNDING COLLABORATIVE
The Baltimore Summer Funding Collaborative — a partnership of the Abell Foundation, Annie E. Casey Foundation, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Clayton Baker Trust, Family League of Baltimore, France-Merrick Foundation, Harry and Jeannette Weinberg Foundation, Joseph & Harvey Meyerhoff Family Charitable Funds, Lockhart Vaughan Foundation, Morton K. and Jane Blaustein Foundation and Under Armour — aims to fund high-quality summer programs that serve children in low-income families in Baltimore City. These programs should promote academic and social-emotional growth in children and youth; and be inclusive of students of all abilities. Review our guidance about the types of programs eligible for funding.
This common application allows organizations to apply for grants from all members of the Baltimore Summer Funding Collaborative. You need only submit one application. If you plan to run multiple and distinct summer programs, you must submit one application for each of your programs. For further guidance on submitting multiple applications, post an email to SummerFundingCollab@gmail.com.
To begin your application, create an account in the top right corner; or, if you’ve applied in the past, sign in to your existing account.
The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. EST, on Friday, Feb. 17, 2017.
We will not accept late submissions or those not submitted through the online portal. All applicants will be notified of funding decisions by April 1, 2017.
General Eligibility Requirements
- provide a Certificate of Good Standing with the state of Maryland;
- be an organization or summer program that has been in operation for at least two years;
- provide proof of 501(c)(3) or 509(a) tax status;
- primarily serve children and youth from low-income families who live in Baltimore City;
- have a plan to promote literacy; and
- have a plan to serve healthy meals to students attending summer programs that operate four or more hours per day.